Monday, December 13, 2010

http://www.johnperkins.org/

Recent Posts

Join Me for Two Extraordinary Events in Person Dear friends, As you know, I frequently urge people to take actions that will “change... 

10 Things You Can Do To Save the Earth 10 Things You Can Do To Save the Earth As part of my participation in the national Earth Day action network I wanted to... 

US economic model a failure? US economic model a failure? I hope you’ll click on the link below to the PDF file my editorial published... 

Read More Posts From Recent Posts

Archived Posts

Massacre Caught on Tape Massacre Caught on Tape From John Perkins Dear Friends, This is tough to watch, but please do. Be patient,... 

My trip to Iceland My trip to Iceland Hello Everyone, The trip to Iceland was amazing. In 2007 the World Bank classified... 

Free Trade? Free Trade? July 7, 2008 What’s Up with Free Trade in Colombia? On radio interviews I am... 

Read More Posts From Archived Posts

JohnPerkins.Org Blog Wire

The Pachamama Alliance – Luncheon November 17th – 12pm PST I hope that you will join me and many friends and supporters for the luncheon tomorrow in San Francisco for the Pachamama Alliance. And if you can’t join us in person, they are also global streaming the event! Please see this link to join the streaming tomorrow! Share on Facebook Read More →
I hope you will read this incredible article in YES, titled, “31 Ways to Jumpstart the Local Economy”. I think it’s very important for each of us to understand there are many things we can do individually to effect incredible change in our world. I know you join me in this belief and this article is a wonderful guideline for this. Thank... [Read more of this review]
John Perkins Live Webinar November 11, 2010 at 7pm EST I hope you’ll join me for the first time ever for this live Webinar event. My first live Webinar  will happen on November 11th at 7pm EST. I truly hope you’ll join me at this incredible event. The event link is – http://www.eventbrite.com/event/1016645815 . BONUS: All the registered... [Read more of this review]
  Sustainability is going global in the Bay Area. This November 8-10 (Mon- Weds) The Global Summit second biennial comes to Fort Mason (+ Welcome Concert Sunday Nov 7th at Vessel SF)!  It’s a unique cross-sector forum designed to spark community action and year-round sustainable solutions. As a Key Note Speaker of The Global Summit, I am pleased... [Read more of this review]
I hope each of you will support Blog Action Day today and the cause for water. Across the globe, about 4,500 children die each day from unsafe water and lack of basic sanitation facilities. Over 90% of deaths from diarrhea diseases from unsafe water and sanitation occur in children under 5 years old. The poor are especially hard hit. An infant born... [Read more of this review]
I hope you’ll read my latest article in YES! Magazine online titled, “A New Age of People Power: Lessons from the Dongria Kondh”. I’ve included an excerpt for you below and please go to the site to read the article and share it on your social media networks. “The triumphs of indigenous and green movements clearly demonstrate... [Read more of this review]
The hour is ours. It is time for each and every one of us to ask the important questions, to search our souls for our own answers, and to take action.” A participant at a speech I recently gave at the University of Massachusetts pointed out that I wrote the above in Confessions of An Economic Hit Man. That book was published in late 2004. Since... [Read more of this review]
Dear Friends,  As the world shifts, so can we to a higher and more positive relationship with our souls and nature. We can help bridge the balance between spirit, humans and the natural world together. I hope you’ll join me and Llyn Roberts – http://www.dreamchange.org ,  for these incredible events. We will be at Omega in October and taking our... [Read more of this review]
I wanted to follow up on the Huffington Post “Reject U.S. Corporatocracy Ambitions in Venezuela, Iran, against Wikileaks. . . ” article I wrote – and let all of you know that our activism and the growing public outcry has forced Juan Manuel Santos, Colombia’s new president, to be conciliatory toward Venezuela. We see this in his statement,... [Read more of this review]
New Huff Post “Reject U.S. Corporatocracy Ambitions in Venezuela, Iran…” New Huff Post “Reject U.S. Corporatocracy Ambitions in Venezuela, Iran…” Venezuela, Colombia, Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Wikileaks, BP, assassination squads – these are times that try our souls (to paraphrase Tom Paine). These are times that raise our ire. These are times for action! I receive lots of emails about the subjects listed above. In recent days I have been inundated with emails from people who believe... [Read more of this review]
Mr. Media Interview with John Perkins Mr. Media Interview with John Perkins I really hope you’ll take time to listen to this interview I did with Bob Andelman – Mr. Media. I’ve also included an excerpt of Bob’s writeup on my book below. Forget Stephen King novels. If you want some really scary bedtime reading, I’m going to recommend John Perkins new non-fiction book, Hoodwinked. It’ll leave you afraid... [Read more of this review]
Animated Interview with John Perkins on Predatory Capitalism Animated Interview with John Perkins on Predatory Capitalism For a quick, easy, and fun tutorial on current global economics and politics, watch this  2 minute cartoon . (Animated interview of John Perkins) Share on Facebook Read More →


Read More Posts From JohnPerkins.Org Blog Wire







Our Activism Rejecting Corporatocracy in Venezuela Is Working

Two Special Events – Omega – Guatemala

Vacating the Field of Fear

YES! Magazine “A New Age of People Power: Lessons from the Dongria Kondh

Blog Action Day for Clean Water

Join Me at The Global Summit in San Francisco – Nov. 7-10

Join Me For Live Webinar Event November 11th

YES Magazine – 31 Ways To Jump Start the Local Economy
http://www.johnperkins.org/?p=871

New Huff Post “Reject U.S. Corporatocracy Ambitions in Venezuela, Iran…”

Venezuela, Colombia, Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Wikileaks, BP, assassination squads – these are times that try our souls (to paraphrase Tom Paine). These are times that raise our ire. These are times for action!
I receive lots of emails about the subjects listed above. In recent days I have been inundated with emails from people who believe the U.S. is about to take action against the Chavez administration in Venezuela and that the action will appear as a grass-roots movement initiated in Colombia . Many ask me to speak out against this.
I have no inside information as to whether or not this is true but I do know that Washington was elated at the election of its puppet, Juan Manuel Santos, to the presidency of Colombia, by the agreement to establish seven new U.S. military bases on Colombian soil, and that “wars on drugs” are often supported by the CIA as a way of financing its own “Black Ops” and also as an excuse for donating US military aid to countries that then are required to purchase equipment made by the corporatocracy (this model was perfected by the British during the 1800s Opium Wars and further refined by the CIA in Asia’s Golden Triangle).
Many of my Latin American friends are convinced that the rising drug violence in Mexico is a response to the success of the Colombia drug wars – that it reflects the corporatocracy’s determination to take greater control over Mexico, and through it, Central America, and that it is manipulated by the CIA. I can not verify the validity of this theory but it would be not inconsistent with things I experienced as an economic hit man. The fact that so many people are so deeply suspicious of Washington’s motives sends a strong signal.
I am speaking out at every opportunity I have. On radio shows, at events where I lecture, and in my writings. I want to urge you to join me and to ask all your friends and your Facebook and Twitter connections to do so also. You and I have the power to prevent such actions – in Venezuela, Iran and throughout the world. We MUST exercise that power. These times are our testing ground.
The tired war machine that our country’s leaders revert to in order to promote long-term economic gain for just a few elite must cease.
I’m asking for your help and your participation in raising a storm. Pick an issue or issues – any of the ones listed at the beginning of this article, or others that draw on your personal passions. Please do all the following and together our voices will be heard:
1. Write to every blog you can about this and link to ones that battle corporatocracy
2. Write letters to your local newspapers
3. Send emails to your elected officials
4. Do not buy from BP, Exxon, Chevron/Texaco (destroyed large sections of the Amazon), or Shell (responsible for the hanging of Ken Saro-Wiwa and his companions in Nigeria). If you must buy gas, do it from Citgo; a Venezuela-owned corporation, it is also the only major oil company that finances education and health services to some of the world’s most impoverished people. Write emails to all these companies telling them why you are taking such actions.
We know that all the blustering of the Pentagon and White House over the Wikileaks disclosures is another indication that Washington is trying to cover up the crimes it commits in its rush toward resource domination. Rather than focusing on the real crimes committed by our troops in Afghanistan, Iraq, and elsewhere and the need to bring the guilty parties to trial and assure that such acts are never repeated, the U.S. government directs its energy at ferreting out the whistleblowers.
What we have to do is stop being hoodwinked by the communications people who constantly try to thwart us from reacting to the real issues at hand. We must start demanding transparency in our government and corporations and in their dealings with other countries. We must not let the U.S. propaganda networks blind us with fear. We must not reengage the old war machine in order to create a false economic boost for our country and devastation for so many others.
These are times when the corporatocracy is attempting to consolidate its power. It is up to each and every one of us to stand firm against those attempts. A line is being drawn in the sand in places like Venezuela and Iran. By the attack on Wikileaks. And the crimes of BP. Please take my hand and step across that line with me. United we will stop the U.S. from marching further to the drum of corporatocracy imperialism.
Thank you for your help.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment